Friday, February 22, 2013

Radio Sunday!

I’ve had this day marked on my calendar for quite some time now…



This last Sunday my church had our second opportunity to be broadcasted on a local radio station. Just like last time, I continue to be awed by the greatness of our God. I love and look forward to each of the opportunities! As I sat in the service, I got goosebumps just thinking that this was going to be on the radio. Just think how many lives can be impacted by even a single broadcast...people that wouldn’t step foot in a Baptist Church can still hear the truths of God’s Word and the message of salvation. Tell me what part of that isn’t just plain awesome. :)

It is humbling that God has chosen to use our little church in this way. We are “just” a small, traditional, country Baptist church. Our auditorium would be packed out with 60 people. I’m not the greatest pianist that ever lived, and I just play on a small-ish keyboard {this time he put a microphone directly on the keyboard - yikes!}. Yet last time around, there were people that commented on “what a great choir we have.” (????) (FYI, we have no choir whatsoever) God uses us, even though we are humans with human limitations. Amazing, isn’t it?

I read these verses in Deuteronomy this week, and a truth really stuck out to me:

Deuteronomy 7:12-13
Wherefore it shall come to pass, if ye hearken to these judgments, and keep, and do them, that the LORD thy God shall keep unto thee the covenant and the mercy which he sware unto thy fathers:
And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee.

The following verses go on to say how blessed they would be, they wouldn’t even have any disease, but instead the Lord would inflict the enemy with those diseases. Chapter 11:13-15 gives a similar promise.

As I read these chapters I was overwhelmed with the thought of how many good things God wants to give us. He wants to! And He is asking us to keep His commandments and fear Him so He can give us all of this and more. It is our disobedience that keeps us from seeing this overflowing of blessing in our daily lives.

I feel that this radio opportunity is just a tiny peek into the storehouse of blessings that the Lord wants to give us...if we keep our part of the “bargain.” How thankful I am that the Lord has chosen to use me and bless me despite my limitations, my disobedience, and my lack of faith. Truly we serve an awesome God!

He is thy praise, and he is thy God, that hath done for thee these great and terrible things, which thine eyes have seen.
Deuteronomy  10:21

Psst! You can hear our broadcast from last Sunday by clicking here. (We are Lighthouse Baptist Church) Just promise me you won’t listen too closely to the piano playing. {wink!}

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Your piano playing is fine, although I understand! :) My pastor told me tonight that we need to play some piano duets together! He told me he heard you today at the funeral. :)
    ~ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY STARS! I had NO idea you were the Jessica he was talking about!! How neat! We totally need to get together some time!

      Delete

I appreciate you taking the time to comment! Some comments may need to be moderated, so don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't pop up right away. I can't wait to hear from you!