Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday - Canadian Terms

A few months ago, I had a blast making you all think about some terms that are common here in Canada. I think that you all had a blast as well! I had so much fun laughing at reading your guesses, that I came up with a few more. I couldn’t actually come up with ten, but I do have 7 for you.


Heres the specs: Each of the words is used commonly here in Canada to refer to something that is also common in the States. Leave a comment on this post with your guesses as to what these things are. If you are from somewhere else besides the U.S. of A, we would absolutely {heart} knowing your guesses and comparing your terms with ours! Sorry, my follow canada-people, you are not allowed to give it away. :) But please do let me know if I have spelled something wrong. :S


I will reveal the answers at the end of the week. Have fun!


1. Facecloth


2. Cheesies


3. Whippersnipper


4. Zed


5. Soother


6. Javex


7. Mounty

4 comments:

  1. OOO this one is really hard!
    1. Tissues???
    2. Cheeseits crackers was what first came to mind, the second idea was pictures(ya know cause you gotta "cheese" :) for them, ok thats a little out there)
    3. Weed Eater
    4. No Clue!!!
    5. a Massage?
    6. Once again No on earthly Idea!
    7. I think this is the police (mounted police, on a horse)
    I'm seriously laughing at my own answers so I guess you can/will too! This is a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Washcloth
    2. Cheese crackers
    3. Child
    4. ??? - Letter Z???
    5. Paccy
    6. ???? - Bleach ???
    7. Police

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Washcloth
    2. Cheesepuffs??
    3. A young child?
    4. No idea!!!
    5. Pacifier
    6. Coffee?
    7. Candian Mounted Police

    ReplyDelete
  4. Number 1 Sounds like an ancient form of facebook only the gossip is written on a sheep skin cloth and hung on a tree by the side of the road for every one to read.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to comment! Some comments may need to be moderated, so don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't pop up right away. I can't wait to hear from you!