Friday, May 6, 2011

Flowers in the Spring

Because I leave for Florida on Wednesday of next week (Yikes!) I am in the middle of packing, cleaning, and organizing the insane amountof junk very important things I have. I am going to post on the organizing and packing process sometime in the next decade, but until then, I thought I'd show you some of the beauties blooming around our house.

What is it about dandelions that makes every kid think they have to pick them for their mom? I'm not sure, but I know that I did the same thing as a kid. I personally think they are kinda pretty, especially when they are the first thing to bloom and especially when they are in a blue vase.

Ah....purple. Does life get any better?

This rose came from our local nursing home to thank me for being a volunteer. It has to be the most perfectly-formed rose I've ever seen. It was beautiful. So while this isn't one of the blooming beauties I was talking about, it sure was a nice way to brighten up my room a little bit. Here is a shot of the top of my entire dresser:

Those other two flowers in the other vase are wooden. Seriously, each one is carved out of wood. The petals are about as delicate as pencil shavings! I got those when I was in South America a few years ago.

So, there is a little spring love for ya. Maybe no one else is as obsessed with flowers as I am, but I just love them, especially in the spring after staring at months and months of snow. Yuck.

Are things blooming at your house?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment! Some comments may need to be moderated, so don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't pop up right away. I can't wait to hear from you!