Thursday, June 16, 2011

How Is The Weather Up There?

When I lived in Maine, it was always a big joke that the weatherman never was right.

It certainly did seem that way, and I saw the same thing to be true in Nova Scotia. "100% chance of rain all day." Instead we'd see nice sunny skies. "Mostly sunny skies," they'd say. What we'd get: rain, or more possibly, snow.

But I'm finding that here in Florida, the weatherman seems to be much more accurate. What he says, goes. It is nice to know ahead of time what the weather is going to be like. So I wondered, why are the forecasts in the North always so wrong?

Maybe you have the answer. I certainly don't.

What I do know, however, is that I could be an accurate weatherman here in Florida. All you have to do to have an accurate weather forecast is memorize the following lines:

"For our local weather forecast today, we are going to see mostly sunny skies throughout the day with highs in the upper 80's. A 50% chance of scattered showers later this afternoon, and we might hear a few rumbles of thunder on into the evening. Stay tuned for local weather updates throughout the day."

See? Its that simple. Even I could do it.

How's the weather where you are today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment! Some comments may need to be moderated, so don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't pop up right away. I can't wait to hear from you!