Monday, October 31, 2011

All Things Pumpkin

Last week was pumpkin week for me! Every year (apparently...not that I've ever been here before) my Sunday School class has a pumpkin carving party. This year I got to be a part of it! And boy oh boy, was it a fun time.

In order to have a pumpkin carving party, we had to have pumpkins. So Monday night some of us went to a pumpkin patch to pick 'em out.



They had tons of pumpkins, of all shapes and sizes....and colors. If I had gotten this one, I would have carved The Grinch into it, because it definitely takes away from the pumpkin spirit!!



And there were some white-ish ones, too. If I was getting several pumpkins for my porch or something, I think it would be neat to throw one of these in the mix.




And for memories sake, the obligatory "Getty pumpkin." :D




We had a lot of fun!




And after, we went to Panera Bread for supper. Oh my oh my oh my. I got french onion soup and an apple walnut salad. And I may or may not have eaten the entire thing. Can I just say I LOVE Panera!




So that was Monday. Friday night was our party!! I waved my wand and said "abra cadabra," and my pumkin turned into this!




Okay, so it may have been slightly more complicated then that. But it was fun, and I think he came out pretty good!




Becky made Kermit 'de frog! It took her a loooooong time....but it came out so nice!




And Heather's pumpkin just couldn't handle watching us gut out the other pumpkin...it made him a little queasy. ;)




Here's a bunch of them all lined up. It started raining shortly after this, so I didn't get a picture of them all completed.




Here is a better picture of my little man in the day time. (What? You've never heard of a pumpkin being called "my little man" before? Get with the program!)




We finished out the party with a *ton* of food, no exaggeration, and a few games of Sorry...even though none of us actually were. :) It was a super fun night!


2 comments:

  1. I *love* your necklace!!! So, that totally wasn't the purpose of the blog post, but I just had to tell you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I get a lot of comments on it...altho one guy asked me if I forgot to leave the seashells at the beach, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to comment! Some comments may need to be moderated, so don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't pop up right away. I can't wait to hear from you!