Monday, January 9, 2012

Gifts and Goals for the Week

Quite a while back, I began my 1,000 gifts list as a result of reading a bunch of other bloggers lists each week. You didn't know that, did you? Why no, you didn't...because I never told you. I've been doing it in secret for who knows what reason, but decided now to start posting my list for you each week. So here is my list from this last week. It started on number 170.

170. A church member's answer to prayer
171. Cousins
172. Game night with friends
173. Wisdom as a pianist
174. Hope I have in Christ
175. Fun weekend with friends
176. A warm day! (In January. woot!)
177. Finding a sweater I needed


For those of you that have no idea what a 1,000 gifts list is, you can read about it over here. Ann Voskamp has a fantastic book (that I have yet to read...but I hear its good, and her blog is good) called "1,000 Gifts" that would also challenge you in this area of counting the gifts given by God each day. It has certainly been an eye-opening and life-changing practice for me! I am excited to continue it throughout this year.

The other thing I want to share with you is my goals for this week. I believe I mentioned before that I was challenged to make weekly goals after reading Alicia's blog, and you, my lovely readers, make great accountability partners to ensure that I get 'er done! So if you don't mind helping me, I'll post my goals each week...having them in writing for the whole world to see will certainly be a motivation!


We'll see how she blows! Seems like a shortish list, but trust me...a whole lot more will go on than is actually planned! I'm excited to get started!


I'd love to hear about your goals for this week AND your 1,000 gifts list! Do you make weekly goals? When did you start your Gifts list? If you post about it on a blog, leave me your url in the comments so I can follow along with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment! Some comments may need to be moderated, so don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't pop up right away. I can't wait to hear from you!