Monday, January 28, 2013

Gifts and Goals for the Week, January 28, 2013

Happy Monday! Trust you all had a great weekend. We've been having some COLD weather!! Thankfully today the temperature is *almost* back up to the freezing point, which feels spring-like and balmy to us, haha!

I had a great weekend, helping with a men's banquet at my dad's church on Saturday, and then ministering at my church yesterday. I am so thankful for the opportunity to serve the Lord, even in what seems like "small" ways. As the song goes, "It is a great day to serve the Lord!" =)

Did you see the new item in my shop this weekend?? These Booktotes have me all excited!!


They have matching laptop/tablet sleeves too. {So cute!} If you haven't already, head over here to check them out!

On with our weekly updates:

Here are a few blessings I've added to my 1,000 Gifts list recently:

509. A little baby’s laughter
510. My great brother {who fetches things for me when I’m already cozied into bed :) }
511. Kids laughter while playing games
512. Provision in tiny details
513. A big grown man holding a tiny baby {because really, can anything melt your heart more than that??}


Last week, I was working on these goals:

Write one letter

Memorize 3 verses - got two down

Continue to organize paper clutter/create better system

Complete new shop graphics

Continue reading Intercessory Prayer


Get up by 8:30 every morning - only missed a couple of mornings, which is an improvement already!

Decorate for men’s banquet

 
This week, I'm going to attempt to accomplish these goals:

Write one letter

Memorize 3 verses

Finish organizing paper clutter

Finish Intercessory Prayer

Get up by 8:30 each morning

Go to FGBC’s winter retreat

Finish some mending for a friend

Hem a curtain for the church

What will you be working on this week? Any mending or crafting project? How about memorization goals?


2 comments:

  1. Haha...I love the "get up by 8:30" goal. Do your siblings not wake you up? You must be a good sleeper!
    If I can shake this cold by Friday I should see you at camp! Yeah for winter retreat. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, no, after all these years I've learned to sleep through almost anything!! =) I actually am usually awake for a long time before getting up, it is just hard to get out of a warm bed! Hence the goal for this week {wink!}

      Hope to see you this weekend!! =)

      Delete

I appreciate you taking the time to comment! Some comments may need to be moderated, so don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't pop up right away. I can't wait to hear from you!