Monday, February 22, 2010

Creation Conference

On Saturday, I was able to go to a Creation Seminar in Hickory, NC. We had a very good time. I had gone last year, and really enjoyed it, and this year was no different. This year it was a little smaller, in that instead of having different workshops to choose from, everyone was together, but it was fine. It was easier than trying to decide what to go to! Mr. Setzer gave one lecture all about monkeys, basically proving how we didn't come from monkeys. (Although some pictures he had did resemble Getty... :) Then another lecture was my personal favorite, it was all about Snakes!!! Some of you should be really glad that you weren't there! :) I thought it was really neat. Right in the middle, all of a sudden in walks "Dan the Animal Man" with a 12+ foot albino boa constrictor. I really wanted to touch it, but I didn't get a chance to. Here is a picture:He said it never would have survived in the wild, because it is so bright, and cannot camouflage to hide from predators.
Later we also got to see a big Porcupine and a 6 foot alligator. When we went in for this demonstration, Christy got a little adventurous, and the next thing I knew I was sitting in the front row! That meant when Dan opened the alligator's jaw, it was only a few feet from my face! Way cool!
I am glad that I got the opportunity to go and spend time with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment! Some comments may need to be moderated, so don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't pop up right away. I can't wait to hear from you!