Sunday, April 10, 2011

My Christ

I know no other Jesus

Than He who died for me;

The Saviour of lost sinners,

The Christ of Calvary.


I know no “ideal” Jesus

That human minds invent;

The only Jesus I know

Is whom the Father sent.


That human christs could save me

Is inadmissible;

My Jesus is the image

Of God invisible.


My Christ is God incarnate

And of the virgin born;

He left a crown of glory

To wear the plaited thorn.


The Infant of the manger,

The village Carpenter,

The Teacher sent from heaven

To men to minister;


The true historic Jesus,

Who died and rose again,

He only is the Jesus,

That I proclaim to men.


James M. Gray

Taken from The Incomparable Christ by J. Oswald Sanders

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment! Some comments may need to be moderated, so don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't pop up right away. I can't wait to hear from you!