Tuesday, September 27, 2011

New Products are the Bomb

Before I start this post, I need to assure you that I am NOT a sucker for ads, store displays, etc. I don't just buy because the commercials make it look good. Normally that is not being a good steward with my money. I buy a lot of store brands, not name brands and popular products.

BUT.....

(You knew there was a "but" coming, didn't you?)

Lately I have had the opportunity to get several new products for free or almost nothing! Yay for free stuff! I want to share how I managed to get these products so cheaply, so that maybe you can too! And I'll give you my entirely unprofessional and probably not wanted opinion of these products. :)

Activia Selects French Yogurt
I "liked" Activia on Facebook, and when I did, they gave me a free product coupon! I have to say that French yogurt is not my fav. It kind of has a weird texture. Like someone spit in it.

Okaaaaay.....

Sorry for that mental picture! Or, mental texture, or....something. I think you get the gist. But try it for yourself, you might like it! I just have texture issues.

Colgate Optic White Toothpaste
I printed a Target web coupon for this new toothpaste (doesn't look like it is available any more...sorry! Keep your eye out, though!) and I cut a coupon out of the paper insert. Will it work to whiten my teeth? We shall see! I have only been using it for a few days, so time will tell.

Funny story about this stuff. The advertised "special ingredient" that whitens your teeth is the same on that is found in Whitestrips. That ingredient is H2O2. Two Hydrogen, two oxygen. Similar to H2O, which obviously, you know as water. So you know what the super technical name for H2O2 is? Hydrogen Peroxide. That's right folks, check the ingredients, and you will see that they have included Hydrogen peroxide in this toothpaste. It makes sense. My parents use Hydrogen Peroxide as a mouthwash every night, since it helps with breath and whitening teeth. I have tried it, but I can't get past the fizzyness in my mouth. :) Its that texture thing again! So now you know that you can try this "magical" whitening ingredient without buying the toothpaste...please don't tell Colgate!!

Nature Valley Granola Thins
I got a box of these when they were on sale at Walgreens plus coupons from my Sunday paper. I had the hardest time convincing the cashier that when the flyer said "thins" it meant thins!! Seriously? Where were her glasses? But I finally got them for very cheap. And I love them! I wasn't sure I was going to like them, since I don't care for the "hard" kind of granola bar, but these are totally different. The layer of chocolate on the top helps, too.

Oikos Greek Yogurt from Dannon
I don't exactly remember how I got this free product coupon...but I think when I "liked" Activia, they had a link to this one too. Or something. Anyway, I got the blueberry flavor, and LOVED it! By far the best yogurt ever. My roommate said she could smell the blueberry in the other room! So tasty, I can't wait to get more coupons!

Nescafe Taster's Choice
This is the ONLY instant coffee that I can really say I like. I signed up with Nescafe here and got a free sample of each flavor delivered to my door.They are pretty good, for instant! And free? Can't beat that. You can also "like" them on Facebook.

I'd be interested in hearing what you think of these or other products that you wouldn't normally buy...unless of course, they are free. :) Have you tried any of these?

***Note: I was not bribed in any way by any of these companies. I just like free things and thought I'd tell you about them. And really, who would pay me to say that I don't need their product?


2 comments:

  1. I don't know that I've tried any of those products but I do know Kenny's mom likes activia so I'll have to see if she's liked them on fb yet.
    as for the Hydrogen peroxcide I learned about that in hair school. you can also use it to whiten your nails if they've gotten stained. Caution: it thins your nails if you do this too often and I heard it wears the enamel of your teeth so you probably shouldn't do it if you already have sensitive teeth.
    Thanks for all the info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always heard that Whitestrips are hard on your enamel...the pieces are starting to fall together! I've been thinking about using this toothpaste for a couple weeks, then using something "normal" for a couple weeks, just to be safe. Thanks for commenting and proving my theory! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to comment! Some comments may need to be moderated, so don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't pop up right away. I can't wait to hear from you!