Saturday, September 10, 2011

Non-Purchases From The Keys

You'll notice that I called this post "non-purchases." Because yeah, souveniers are cute and fun, but they cost just slightly more than I am willing to pay. The extent of my purchases for the day? Postcards. Yeah, I could hardly contain my excitement, either.

We did, however, stop at this neat tourist trap that had some fun, tropical, island-y things. I luuurve island-y things. This is what called "hello" to us as we were driving by:

Yeah, if that doesn't get your attention, I don't know what will! It certainly caused us to do a u-turn and go back to inspect the large, creepy thing. Then we noticed a bunch of cute shops behind it...and we were hooked.

Those shops were full of tons of things I really wanted to take home with me.
 
Just kidding, that wasn't one of them. :) Kind of a freaky little bugger, isn't he??

There were some honestly cute things that I wanted to take home to decorate with. Take these uber cute hooks, for example.

Can't you just picture these lovelies with my purse and keys hanging from them? And lets just remember how much I adore flip flops. Then there was this canvas....


The whole picture-of-a-picture doesn't really do it justice. Like, at all. The colors were so vibrant...yet it was simple, with only two colors. It would really make an area pop.  Lots of nice straight lines, too.


So, how nice would these bowls be for entertaining? Dip in the little one, crackers in the big one? Or....I could just use them as a regular plate and keep my baked beans from running into my other foods. That is the best idea yet. Yeah, I'm one of those.

We couldn't help noticing some of these signs. They certainly say it all!


Can I hear an 'Amen'???

This one was Angela's favorite...

And this was my motto for the day:


Islands. They are my favorite. The Keys was a great place to be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment! Some comments may need to be moderated, so don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't pop up right away. I can't wait to hear from you!