Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Church Signs



Here is a somewhat humorous list of things actually found on church signs. Sad to say, some of them are very true!


1. "Looking at the way some people live, they ought to obtain

eternal fire insurance soon."


2. "This is a ch_ _ch. What is missing?"


3. "Come work for the Lord. The work is hard, the hours are

long, and the pay is low. But the retirement benefits are

out of this world."


4. "Have trouble sleeping? We have sermons--come hear one!"


5. "Do not wait for the hearse to take you to church."


6. "How will you spend eternity--Smoking or Non-smoking?"


7. "God so loved the world that He did not send a committee."


8. "Come in and pray today. Beat the Christmas rush!"


9. "When down in the mouth, remember Jonah. He came out all

right."


10. "Sign broken. Message inside this Sunday."


I know this will technically make this a list of eleven, but I have to share with you my favorite church sign that I saw personally. It said,


“The church is a gift from God. Assembly required.”


Cute, huh?

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to make sure Kenny reads this, he does the sign for our church. There is a church here in Spindale who's sign read: Mission Trip to Spindale. I thought it was a good idea.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to comment! Some comments may need to be moderated, so don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't pop up right away. I can't wait to hear from you!