Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Shoe Love

A few weeks ago I shared with you how I find some deals on clothes here in Canada. In that post I shared about my amazing $4 shoes from Payless. Well, I am here to tell you, that Payless has done it again. They never fail. They are very quickly becoming my favorite place to get shoes.


As a child, my Nana was always taking me to Payless to get new shoes. She was a firm believer in the white-shoes-in-the-summer/black-shoes-in-the-winter thing. So when the seasons started to change, she would take me to Augusta to shop at Payless for the appropriate shoes. We would then go to KFC and eat at the buffet. Great memories. (snif!)


So my love for Payless began early on. I was used to wearing lots of hand-me-downs from my older cousins, so getting something that was all mine was a treat. And usually by the time a new season rolled around, I needed a new pair of shoes anyway because I had outgrown the other ones. I have really big feet.


Well, enough with the details of my Payless love. Let me show you how Payless has made my heart throb once again!


I went in one day, looking for a pair of white sandel-y somethings. Yeah, I’m not too picky. I was surprised, especially right before Easter, to find out that they didn’t have much white in stock yet. Maybe its a thing of the past and I’m in the dark ages, I don’t know. Anyway, I was looking around (with the help of some very helpful staff, I must say) and I did find a pair that didn’t look ridiculous on my freakishly large feet. (My shoe size will remain anonymous at this time. I don’t want to scare you.)


They were white. They were sandel-y. And they were only $7. Be still my heart.


And THEN (because shoes have a way of doing this to ya) I saw a pair of brown sandel-y shoes nearby. They were a different style while at the same time being the same general style. My female readers know what I mean. Heres a picture of both pairs:


Oh yeah, and the brown ones were only $11. Making the grand total for both pairs with tax $21. You tell me the last time you bought two brand new pairs of shoes in the exact style you needed for only $20. Yeah, I didn’t think so.


Here are some close up picts for those shoe-lovers out there who are as much in love as I am:





And that, my friends, is why you should shop at Payless.


Note: I wasn’t in any way, shape, or form persuaded or perked to give this huge bunch of love for Payless. Its just that, well, I love Payless. In fact, they don’t even know that I am saying all this gushy stuff about them. However, if the CEO of Payless reads this, I'll take $100 worth of merchandise.

1 comment:

  1. I'm defininetly with ya on the white after easter, black after labor day bit! it just makes more sence that way, love the shoes btw :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to comment! Some comments may need to be moderated, so don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't pop up right away. I can't wait to hear from you!