Saturday, September 3, 2011

A Day Late and a Dollar Short

This has nothing to do with this post, but I just want it to be known that I {heart} the new Blogger interface. Have any of you tried it? It is so much cleaner and easier to use.
Things are still working a little slowly when it comes to picture loading, (I'm sure they still have some bugs to work out) so my posts with oodles of pictures from the Keys are still a work in progress. Stay tuned for those!

But back to my post. I'm actually two days late (does that make me two dollars short?) in getting this to you, but better late then never! (??) At the beginning of last month I shared with you my Proverbs reading habit, and challenged you to join me! And I found out that there are a lot of people that already had the same habit. Good for you!

I wanted to challenge those of you that don't normally do this, to give it a try this month. You may have even tried it last month, but give youself some time! It takes time to form any habit, and this is no exception. Even if you fell behind and didn't finish or missed some days last month, that does't mean anything. Just allow yourself time to form that habit.

So start today! Go read Proverbs chapter 3. You don't even have to "catch up" by reading chapters 1-2, because next month you will read them again anyway. And if you are constantly trying to keep up, it may feel a little overwhelming. Over time you will form a habit that you can not live without.

Once you have the habit formed, you can add topic studies for each month that I described before. And here is where my little confession comes in. Last month I chose the topic "parts of the body" (other than the tongue). And wow, I was blown away by how many times different body parts are mentioned! So, because it was a waaay bigger topic than I anticipated, and because I was on vacation for part of August, this became a two month study. :) Nothing wrong with that!

Just to give you an idea, heres a portion from chapter 4:

My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.
For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.
Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips put far from thee.
Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee.
Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all the ways be established.
Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil.
Proverbs 4:20-27
See what I mean? A huge, but interesting, topic!

So who's with me? How did you do last month? Do you have a topic you are studying? If you have never started this habit, I challenge you to give it a try, starting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment! Some comments may need to be moderated, so don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't pop up right away. I can't wait to hear from you!